Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Daily Quote: 2/28/2012 Quote 1

"Give me a man or woman who has read a thousand books and you give me an interesting companion. Give me a man or woman who has read perhaps three and you give me a dangerous enemy indeed.”

                        -Anne Rice

I agree with the quote above.  Think about it.  Have you ever tried to reason with someone without reason?  Its pointless.  Those who read very little generally have very litttle reason, and a person who can't reason is very dangerous; they are apt to do anything.  As for the first part, I find people who have read thousands of books to be very interesting.  Those people are much more enjoyable to talk to than those who don't read much.  They are much more interesting because they usually have done a hell of a lot more than a non-reader.  Those who read also seem to be alot happier than those who don't. 

Discuss, comment, question

No comments:

Post a Comment